Aromatic Indian spices add a delicious fragrance to this simple , yet tasty , rajma masala. It is the most popular dish in Northern parts of India. It makes a stunning showpiece in their regular meal and it is served with steamed rice or roti along with some pickle and curd.
- Rajma(Red kidney beans) : 1 cup
- Onions : 2(finely chopped)
- Tomatoes : 3(finely chopped)
- Green chillies : 4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste : 1 tblspn
- Cumin seeds : 1 tblspn
- Coriander powder : 1/2 tblspn
- Garam masala : 1 tblspn
- Salt : as required
- Curd : 3 tblspn
- Oil : 3 tblspn
- Coriander Leaves : a fistful(finely chopped)
- Soak rajma for 5-6 hrs and cook until soft by adding a big pinch of salt .
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add cumin seeds , let them splutter.
- Add ginger garlic paste , chopped onions , chopped green chilli and fry until they become soft .
- Now add garam masala and fry for 2 mins. Add 1/4 cup of rajma water (water drained from boiled rajma) or normal water and cook closing the lid for 2 mins later cook removing the lid until the water evaporates.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and cook closing the lid till they become soft.
- Next, Add boiled rajma , little more water , coriander powder . Adjust salt ,mix well and cook for 10 mins closing lid.
- Add curd ,coriander and mix well and let it cook for 2 mins.Serve hot with roti , rice or chapati.