This is a simple and authentic chutney made from the times of granny's..This is very simple and easy to prepare. There are two ways of doing this.Using curd and with out curd . Adding veggies like potatoes , carrots , peas with out curd tastes good with dosa and poori's and the one with curd and onions goes well with roti or chapati..
- chikpea flour /Besan : 2 tblspn
- Curd / butter milk : 1 cup
- Onion : 1
- Tomato : 1/2
- Green chilli : 2-3
- Lemon : 1/2
- Curry leaves : few
- mustard seeds: 1 tspn
- Cumin seeds : 1 tspn
- Urad dal : 1 tblspn
- Oil : 1 tblspn
- Coriander leaves : few
- Heat oil in a pan , add mustard , cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add urad dal , a pinch of asefoetida , onions , salt , green chillies and saute till they become soft.
- Add tomatoes , curry leaves and saute for 2 more mins . The tomato should become little soft.
- Mix chickpea flour with curd properly removing lumps and add to the sauted onions.
- Now the curry starts becoming thick . After it becomes little thick , turn off the stove and add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon .
- Serve hot with chapati :)